We are excited to begin opening our Wellness Centre to the cancer community. To ensure everyone’s safety, and in accordance with strict protocols mandated by public health, this will be a gradual re-opening. We are taking advantage of summer weather in July and August to begin offering a limited number of in-person classes and activities that will be held mostly outdoors.
July and August 2021: Mon-Thurs, 9 a.m. 3 p.m., with occasional evening groups.
Our volunteers and staff are eager to welcome you! Please read the following instructions/guidelines carefully BEFORE your first visit.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- If you are feeling unwell and have symptoms such as cough, headache, fever or loss of sense of smell [which symptoms should be listed here] please DO NOT come to the Centre.
- Space for all activities is limited by public health restrictions. Therefore, registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- NO walk-ins.
- We will call you to confirm your registration. Please respond promptly so that if you cannot make it, we can offer your spot to another participant.
- You will be asked a series of questions concerning COVID-19 upon confirmation of your registration or physical evaluation appointment AND when you arrive at the Centre.
- You must bring your own food and drink, including water. Use of the kitchen, refrigerators and coffee/tea stations is NOT permitted.
- If you are coming for a physical evaluation, you must arrive in proper attire, i.e. comfortable work-out clothing and running shoes. You will not be permitted to change on-site.
AT THE WELLNESS CENTRE:
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled activity/appointment.
- You must respect physical distancing measures and remain a minimum of 2 metres apart from other participants, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- You must wash/disinfect your hands upon entry and when leaving the Centre.
- You must wear a mask at all times indoors.
- Please follow all instructions provided by our staff and volunteers.
- Access to washrooms will be permitted. Please follow the posted instructions regarding handwashing and disinfecting surfaces.
- A maximum number of people at a time will be permitted in each room of the Centre.
- Materials must be washed before and after use.
- Please use the appropriate staircase as indicated. The main staircase is for those entering the Centre, while those leaving should exit via the back staircase.
- The Elevator can be used by 1 person max at a time (or 2 people from same household if a caregiver is required)
- Please leave as soon as your activity/appointment is finished.
- In case of inclement weather, activities may be moved indoors, however, this decision is at the discretion of staff.
Please keep in mind…
- The number of people who can attend in-person classes and activities will be limited so as to ensure proper physical distancing. We strongly recommend that you register early to secure your spot as activities will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- For the time-being, walk-ins will not be permitted.
- You will be required to answer a public-health issued COVID-19 questionnaire when we call you to confirm your registration or appointment AND when you arrive on-site for the activity.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your activity or appointment.
- In case of inclement weather (high heat and humidity, heavy rain, thunderstorms etc.) activities may be moved indoors, at the discretion of our staff.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Call us at 514 340-3616.
We look forward to seeing you!